[ Please take note that this is still in beta phase. In other words, it still has issues.]
This script can be used to make python code, that is being edited on Notepad++, to comply with infamous PEP8 coding style [http://bit.ly/pep8]
By default, autopep8 only makes whitespace changes. So does this script.
However, this script depends on following:
This create the runtime environment for executing python scripts on Notepad++ objects. Install by downloading via: http://npppythonscript.sourceforge.net/download.shtml
(better choose the *.msi option)
- pip install –upgrade pep8
- pip install –upgrade autopep8
- Install pep8
- Install autopep8
- install Python Script for Notepad++
- download pep8_tonizer.py to a convenient location
- find & copy pep8.py & autopep8.py to <Notepad++ install dir>\\plugins\PythonScript\lib
- start notepad++
- Go to Menu >> Plugins >> Python Script
- click “New script”
- find & select “pep8_tonizer.py”
- Good job, all set.
After opening / creating any python source file,
- Go to Menu >> Plugins >> Python Script >> Scripts
- Click “pep8_tonizer.py”
- Whoa !
- adding options for autopep8 style configurations, currently it works as default
- automate the setup processes(dependency check as well) as much as possible
- integrate the whole process into just 1 or 2 steps
hope, you will enjoy !